Spring is calling! I love looking at the latest / current beauty trends and one of my favourite looks to grace the Spring/Summer 2016 catwalks was the bright, bold lip colours. Everywhere I looked I seen statement lips paired up with glowy ‘supermodel skin’. I pinned a few of my personal catwalk favourites on my Beauty Trends board on Pinterest.
This is a great look to recreate at home because it’s easy to do and the lips are such a statement themselves you don’t need much on your eyes! I opted for more of an orange-red matte lip with a soft metallic eye and dewy skin. Something that’s becoming more and more popular by the day are liquid lipsticks and to get that statement lip they are perfect!
Liquid lipsticks are highly pigmented and they don’t leave a sticky film on the lips like a classic lipgloss would. They’re very long-lasting and the coverage is buildable. Because they are intended to last for hours, they can be a bit drying, so one thing I would recommend is prepping the lips first with a little lip balm. The liquid lipstick I used to create this look was by US brand Limecrime although there are so many on the market now to choose from! See below for a full product listing of my Spring vibes look.
- Benefit professional primer.
- MAC strobe cream (liquid highlighter).
- Makeup Forever HD Foundation (shade: N117 all over & shade: N128 to contour).
- MAC Correct and conceal palette to brighten under eye area and conceal any blemishes.
- MAC Select cover-up concealer (shade: NW20) applied across t-zone.
- MAC Prep and Prime highlighter pen (shade: radiant rose) applied to under eye area.
- Anastasia Beverley Hills Contour kit (powder version) to intensify contour and highlight.
- MAC blush (shade: gingerly).
- MAC paint pot (shade: chilled on ice).
- Makeup Geek shadows (shades: Shimma shimma, creme brûlée, starry eyed, cocoa bear)
- NYX wonder pencil (shade 01 – light) on waterline.
- Yves Saint Laurent false lash effect mascara.
- Brows – MAC eyeshadow (shade: omega) brushed through brows first. Anastasia Beverley Hills dipbrow pomade in taupe to underline and intensify outer part of brows. MAC (clear) brow set to fix hairs.
- Lime Crime Velvetine liquid lipstick (shade: suede-berry).
I hope you like the look!